Tuesday, 13 December 2011

Book Review - Untraceable

Yesterday you would have seen Shelli's awesome post about her girl-crush Grace as part of the blog tour for her debut novel Untraceable. Well, I've read the book, and I think it's time to tell you what I thought.

Grace grew up in the woods. When her forest ranger dad disappears on patrol, she fights town authorities, tribal officials, & nature to prove he’s alive. Torn between a hot boy and cute ex, she heads into the wilderness to find her dad. Soon, Grace is caught in a web of conspiracy, deception, and murder. It will take more than a compass and motorcycle for this tough heroine to save all she loves.

It has been a long time since I've read a book without some aspect of fantasy in it and, as such, it took some time to get into the story. I have to admit, to begin with, I probably saw Grace as her mother, or maybe even Carl, the captain of the local police did. You'll understand that reference when you read the book.

As I got deeper into the plot that changed. I love how Grace is just as bad-ass as any of the heroines in my favourite urban fantasies, and that she is just as capable.  She can look after herself better than any boy can.

I loved Mo, and I was rooting for him the entire time... Wyn, on the other hand, I wasn't so fond of. He just doesn't push the right buttons for me.

When the story finished I just wanted to throw the book across the room. I restrained myself, just, but only because I was actually reading on my Kindle and there was a big chance that I would break it if I did so. I don't want to spoil anything, so let's just say I WANT TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS NEXT!





1 comment:

  1. I love the book cover.

    I dropped by to say high and follow you. I found the link to your blog via KB (YA fighters' club). Look forward to networking. Liz

    ReplyDelete